Saturday, April 20, 2013

So you think I’m unAmarican do you?

wyldayre heddersouthern wyngs

Okay, my did I touch a nerve.

Look I’m not unAmerican, I love this land and most everything that’s on it. However I must say this.

If I choose to fly both Old Glory and my Confederate battle flag side by side and someone gets mad at me for it ,

is that not the same kind of discrimination and prejudice?

Both flags I salute, in reality. But Old Glory lost her luster at about the same time, somebody thought it rotten or something for taking the words Under God, out of the pledge of Allegiance.

When they went so far as taking the words In God we trust off our currency, stopped prayer in our schools, let gays marry , you get my point?

And why can’t we sing both anthems at an event, both the Star Spangled Banner as well as our Dixie Anthem?

As far as respect for all of our military, I have way too many friends that I really call friends, from all Branch’ of service. Anyone like myself that puts on a uniform, and swears to defend this nation is a real friend. I wont go as far as saying hero, as in Pappy Boyington’s book, it says, Show me a hero, and I’ll prove he’s a bum.

So no I’m not UnAmerican, but I’m not brimming over with the pride I used to have.

When people call me a destroyer , when someone can’t even bum a guy a can of Skoal, because his military pension is held up somewhere or is late, the list goes on, that’s UnAmerican.

When big companies can’t even look beyond the fact that you got called back into service and missed a payment such as Cable One here did, hey try finding a payment center for Cable-One, in Afghanistan? Think they could put aside that $150.00 and give me cable tv? That’s UnAmerican.

I met a few years ago in Gooding, a sharp and great looking by the way gal whose husband was in the NG, here. She recognized my Marine digs, and came over and sat beside me, and let me for once cry on her shoulder for a few minutes. She went as far as giving me access to her wifi, had coffee with me every morning, gave me encouragement. Her husband treated me as an equal, not just a Marine, but as two people that put on a uniform, more over as people. That’s American.

When this nation gets back to that unification, And we call this nation and mean it the UNITED States of America, you’ll see my hand over my heart for both flags, until then it’s a mild salute, and a hand over my heart for our Dixie flag.

L8R Ya’ll

personal3WWA 1


Quote of the Day:
A thing well said will be wit in all languages.
--John Dryden
1 Corinthians 15:55-57““Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
AYREWOLVEZ LOGO