Sunday, April 21, 2013

Perhaps the Club and I should get paid for this?

AYREWOLF'S AYRELOG HEADER

The guys and I were chatting over a few brews here after church this afternoon, I showed two of them the threat email I got from this Christy Ross, the club said just let her stir crap up, all we did was give her the chance to train for an upcoming job, but no promises. It’s not like someone is going to walk in here with on air radio experience. Many just don’t know how to sit down, in front of a control board, mix music , do comedy, read news and ad copy, much less write it. I say go ahead, call the Feds, does she know that one of the Knytes members IS A FED!! That’s right a district FBI agent, so bark all you want lady.

But it is sad in a way that there isn’t a training school for radio, without going through a communications major at a 4 year college.

Back when I started in the business I was lucky, not only did I get instruction from some of the best in the business, but there was a mini training school in Utah, supported by KSOP there called the Ron Bailey Western School of Broadcasting. I went, got my certificate, but thing is I was the only one with an FCC license.

Today there are none of these schools.

The thought is, who wants to be a radio personality? Why? Radio is computerized, its syndicated and most programs are generated from back east.

What these doomsayers don’t think is, somebody has to be that voice.

From XM/Sirius to local radio LIVE radio is on an upswing. Why not put up a school that teaches basic broadcast fundamentals? Basic radio and/or TV skills?

That way instead of catching hell all the time, or having to put people on the club’s payroll , these same people can pay us the $3,000.00 for 90 days of instruction.

In closing, with some people and ambitions, there are days, you can’t shift into second, even if you double clutch it.

L8R Ya’ll

AYREWOLVES MEGA LOGOmy blog sig


Quote of the Day:
Men achieve a certain greatness unawares, when working to another aim.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
John 10:28-30“I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.””

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
AYRE CLUB CARD 2_thumb_thumb  Hazzard County AyreWolvez Banner